Thursday, October 25, 2018

Love You Forever

Love You Forever 

Author: Robert Munsch
Illustrator: Shelia McGraw
Grade Level: 1-3
Genre: Realistic Fiction
Awards: Parents' Choice Gold Award,

Summary: This sweet book tells the story of a mother's unconditional love for her son.  As her son grows up, she continues to rock him while he sleeps and sing a song of her love for him.  In the end, when her son is a grown man, she invites him to her house so she can sing to him one last time.  When he arrives, she is unable to sing due to her old age.  Her son picks her up and rocks her while he sings the same song she sang to him throughout his life.

Evaluation: This was one of my favorite books growing up.  I got emotional when I read it again recently.  As much as I love this book, I do not see myself using it in my classroom. 

The age appropriateness for this book is between first and third grade.  Young children will love reading this book and looking at the illustrations.  This book will help them see the unconditional love of a mother.

One way you could use this in a middle school classroom is the week before Thanksgiving.  You could read this to your students and have them write a reflective piece on what their parents mean to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment